I now have wireless and mobile access to this blog which means more frequent short updates.
Last week, before our village visit, we all voted on project interests and were grouped into project teams. I am on the local chlorine production team (more details to come in the Design Project page). Basically, our task is to take well-known science which converts table salt and water into a concentrated chlorine solution and create a small-scale, very inexpensive product appropriate for treating water in a typical Ghanain village. There are some commercial available products, but they are definitely not appropriate for this context. Our team of six had a long discussion with Paul Polak last night which was not very encouraging but very informative. We spent most of yesterday brainstorming ideas about the true problems involved here, and today we move into idea generation of solutions! We have quite a long way to go.